Friday, June 24, 2011

17 months

Exhausted. That’s how I feel most days. Exhausted. My little sweet precious cute Jaxson wears me out! Every post I talk about how busy he is but really…he’s B.U.S.Y.! I haven’t blogged lately. I love reading the updates on other peoples’ blogs but I dislike having to write my own. Jaxson had his 2nd haircut June 2, 2011. Still traumatic event. We spend our weekends 1 of the following ways: Bolivar, Clarksville, wedding, river, pool or outside at home. The boy LOVES being outside and will throw a fit when you make him go inside. His new favorite word is “No”. “Jaxson, let’s go get dressed for school. No.” “Do you want your cup? No.” If you try to give him something he has already said no to he will take his hand and push it away. He knows what he wants. But if you say let’s go outside or get your shoes, he’s on it! He runs to the door! He doesn’t say a whole lot but he definitely understands what I say to him. If you ask him to go get something, he will bring it to you. If he hears the dogs barking, he perks up and says “Doggie Doggie Doggie Doggie” while looking at you with those little eyebrows raised almost like it’s a question. His Daddy taught him a new trick-the monster growl. He growls and shakes his head from side to side. He LOVES water. Give the boy a water hose and turn the water on and he will play for hours. He loves to drink out of the water hose-he soaks himself in the process. Sweetest thing ever to see too. When I point to myself and say “who am I” he replies with “nana” while pointing to himself. “What’s your name? dacson.” “What’s his name (point at Daddy)? Dada (pointing at himself of course).” My son calls me Nana. He really thinks he’s saying it with an “m” because I say “no mmmm mama” and he replies with “nana.” My parents love this because my brother, Jason, called me Nana from the time he started talking until probably when he was in kindergarten. Jaxson also calls a banana “nana”. Another love for him-bananas. And now banana popsicles thanks to Dada. Jaxson is still a really good eater. He will eat most anything at anytime of the day. He drinks his milk, V8, juice and water with no problems. He despises his allergy medicine and will clench his jaws and teeth together when he sees the syringe coming (I have to shoot it into his mouth). He likes to play/chew on straws and looks absolutely precious walking around with a juice box with those sweet little lips sucking on a straw. Another bottom tooth (towards the back) just popped through with 2 more on the way. He sleeps in his bed most nights all night. Fans on, stuffed animals and blankets tucked beside him=sleeping baby.

 Getting a drink of water...


Gunner taking care of a little bit of business in the background, hahaha





His hair before his haircut in June



No comments:

Post a Comment