Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Quilts

Quilts are a big part of our family history. The first quilt I remember was the one my great-grandmother made me when I was five or six. It was a "little red riding hood" quilt. Since then, I've gotten several. My great-aunts made quilts and passed them down. My grandmothers made quilts. Now my Moma has started making quilts as a hobby. I remember being 10 or 11 years old and telling my grandmothers that I wanted their quilt racks when they passed, not the family jewelry or any expensive possessions but the quilt racks! I don't know if it's just a "southern thing" or not but I love it. I can't sew a button on so I don't forsee myself making quilts any time soon! Below are just a few pictures of the quilts my Moma has cut out, sewed together, quilted and binded in her spare time. If you know someone who just needs tops quilted, she can also do that. I am so proud of her and Jaxson loves the quilts she has made for him!





 I don't know whose adorable baby that is!





 Love this cowboy quilt! She can also make it with all little cowboy squares like below..


No comments:

Post a Comment